I wrote in a recent post about how much I enjoy using John Gruber's Markdown as a means of having my writing as portable plain text across my devices, but at the same time easily exportable to HTML and the web, and transferrable into a good-looking PDF.
I have stumbled across some great links and screencasts for those wanted to know more. Some are listed below.
- A great screencast of the process of writing Markdown by Eddie over at Practically Efficient. I found this very useful for the basics
- Youtube video by Podmedics, explaining the benefits for scientists, including physicians
- MacPowerUsers episode on Markdown
- By Brett Terpstra - Why Markdown?
- Michael Schechter's take on all this- How A Lazy Person Writes In Markdown
I use it for this blog, and my other site over at plaqueimaging. I wrote my list of publications in Markdown which makes it so easy for keeping this running list updated, with live links to the relevant URL.
Have you tried it? Let me know what you think.